09 Mar 0
The HP printers are a wide range of printers that deliver products as per your requirements. HP delves into the core of designing a device with users in mind and finds ways to improve them. There are sprocket printers for those who work on the go and want to print where ever and whenever.For those who wish to work without a USB cable connection, there are HP wireless printers. HP also has, for the convenience of its users, designed InkJet and OfficeJet printers that glue together the functions of many devices in one. Reach on the 123.hp.com/setup to hp printer setup.
HP printer setup & install – HP printer setup for Windows devices
- When you get the HP printer initially, you should remove all the packaging materials from the printer.
- Before you hit the power button, using the power cord that you got, connect the HP printer to a power source.
- When you do this, the carriage that contains the cartridge slots moves into an accessible area.
- Without touching the electrical or golden contacts of the cartridge, tug at the colored tab to remove the protective covering. Now, keeping the golden contacts of the cartridges face down onto the slots, press until you hear a snap.
- After you draw out the HP printer’s input tray and the extender tray, load the paper into the input paper tray.
- In the forthcoming step, you have to set up your HP printer model’s driver software and the run it. The HP driver installation CD that comes along with the printer contains your model of the printer’s driver software. You can also obtain this software by searching for it on the 123.hp.com/setup. You must download the HP driver software compatible with the Windows version in case of HP printer setup for Windows devices.
- Windows HP Wireless Printer Setup: Once you download the device driver software, run it, agree to ‘Terms and Conditions’, and let it install. Post this, you will be asked in next prompt to either select ‘Manual Setup’ or ‘Automatic Setup’. Selecting ‘Manual’ setup, choose the toggle option saying ‘Wireless’ to setup the printer over a wireless network. You will see, on the next driver prompt, the HP printer devices that are connected to your network appear. That being said, the HP printer will not show up if it is not on your home wireless network. Before finishing the driver installation, choose your HP printer so as to start printing your photos and documents.
HP printer setup and driver installation for MAC devices
- You will follow similar steps to install the cartridges onto your printer device before connecting it to your MAC. However, you will have to abide by the following procedure, in case of HP printer setup for MAC devices.
- HP Wireless Printer Setup for MAC: You wouldn’t need, to connect the HP printers, download the driver software to your MAC devices.
- Connect the HP printer to your MAC laptop or PC running on Version 10.9 or above, by turning on the printer and making use of a USB cable.
- When you do this, if MAC does not already have the software for your printer, you’ll see a prompt.
- On your MAC, this prompt message will ask you to download and install the appropriate HP printer software.
- Before clicking the Apple icon, select install to create a print queue for your HP printer.
- Then, you should be selecting the printers and scanners icon from the hardware section on MAC to check for the HP print queue.
- Examining and installing the HP printer software update from the software update menu, while giving your Apple user ID and password when prompted.
- In the end, you will have to restart your MAC computer for the 123.hp.com/setup to take effect.