04 Mar 0
Roku Customer Service Phone Number
The Roku streaming player lets you watch TV shows and movies from leading streaming service like Netflix, Hulu, DirecTV Now, Sling TV etc. Roku has many devices that are compatible to stream content on your TV, however, you may need a compatible TV for Roku devices like the 4K Ultra HD or 4K Ultra HDR. Setting up a Roku device is quite easy, but you might also find yourself at crossroads if you’re using it for the first time. So, at the Roku Customer Service phone number, you can call up the dedicated Roku support agents.
The following Roku device activation steps will give you a brief idea on what to do with your Roku.
Roku Account creation and device linking
- Having a Roku account is the first requirement if you want to set up the Roku streaming device.
- You can create an account for yourself with Roku by accessing the link roku.com/signup.
- On the website, you can sign up after obtaining the device activation code, alternatively.
- By making use of a high-speed HDMI cable, connect your Roku device to your smart TV.
- Switching on your TV and Roku streaming device, you should then be connecting it to a network.
- You can establish ‘Wired’ or ‘Wireless’ connections by selecting the appropriate option, once the device starts up.
- When the Roku device successfully connects to a network, it will start downloading the latest firmware that is available.
- You should choose the language you want to use and then choose your country on Roku.
- You’ll see a Roku streaming device activation code, right after this, on the screen of your TV.
- This code should be entered on the website roku.com/link in order to link your Roku device to account.
- Just go to the com/link website and enter the code in the space provided and hit the submit button.
- Now your Roku device is ready to stream channels like ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, FS1 etc. Call up the Roku customer support number today to activate these channels.
Troubleshooting some of the errors with Roku customer service phone number
- Sometimes, your Roku device might throw an error message with error codes such as 003, 009 etc.
- Error code 003 is usually a software error and the error code 009 is a network error that pertains to your ISP. Similarly, the error code 020, also called the purple screen error, lets you know that your TV does not support HDCP.
- Also, the lights on your Roku device let you know how the device is functioning.
- On the Roku streaming device, you should understand that the power supply is adequate when you see a white light.
- On Roku, in case you see a solid red light, then it is indicating the overheating of the device.
- When the power supply to the device is inadequate, a red flashing light lets you know that.
- The Roku remote should be paired to your device before you can use it. If you are unable to pair the remote to your Roku device, then dial the Roku tech support
When can one call the Roku customer service and Roku tech support?
- Agents work around the clock at the Roku customer support, to provide timely support. Hence, at any time of the day or night, you can call the Roku customer support phone number.
- To speak to one of our experienced staffs and resolve any issue, you can dial the Roku customer support phone number.
- Comtech365.com provides more information on rectifying the errors that arise on your Roku. For More information Feel Free to Call our Toll Free +1-855-564-1360.